Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wrapping up

As the end of semester is slowly crawling in, I supposed everyone would be joyful as the semester seemed to be very long although it just lasted for around 6 weeks. 6 weeks is considered both long and short.


For me, it was just too long for a writing class as I am not really a good writer and frankly speaking, writing class had always been my nightmares. My timetable was always filled up fast with the reading assignments, the writing assignments, and the deadlines whenever I had a writing class in a semester. However, I consider myself lucky that I just took this one class during the summer and the workload was manageable. Most importantly, this class was just so different from the previous writing classes that I have taken so far. I was expecting to write 4 major essays, more like creative writing, in a first year writing class, as told by my friends. So I thought it would be good to take it in a short semester as I dislike creative writing. This is probably because I'm not really a imaginative person and I can't write imaginative essays. :( But this class turned out to be more like an analysis class. All we did were analyzing articles and scholarly papers, writing literature review and bibliography. All these are just very useful in other courses, not just in a writing class. :)

However, the semester was just too short to know everyone in class better in person. It was really a great summer class with people from all walks of life, from nursing to geology majors, from business to education majors. Also, the class has so much diversity with people from Indonesia, China, Singapore, South America (if I'm not all mistaken) and of course, the United States. This gave me more insights towards different cultures and different expectations/perceptions each person from different places has. This is just way too awesome!

Last but not least, thanks so much Ms. Griffiths for all the hard work done and thanks for all the feedbacks on assignments and etc. I know they will be really helpful in my future path, in either academic or life. It has always been my pleasure to know each and everyone of you. I hope to see you guys around campus in the near future. :)

Till then,

Justin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment